Headed by: Prof. I. Karanja
- MURANG’A COUNTY COUNCIL INTEGRATED REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (2013-2017)
- STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR KIRIAINI, KIHOYA, KANYENYAINI, KAHATIA, KAHURO AND KAMBIRWA.
- To provide required academic and professional knowledge needed to understand and manage complexities of sustainable development change at the regional level in Kenya.
- Provide an indepth knowledge and critical understanding of the complex interactions among the natural and built environment, institutional organizational systems and the dynamic nature of urban and regional sustainable development.
- To enhance student capacity, to conduct research and disseminate outputs in the field of regional planning.
- Metropolitan Regional Areas
- Resource regional and their development challenges
- Arid and semi-arid regions of the country
- Potential and development challenges
- Cross boundary regional resource issues among counties
- Regional development policy research and policy formulation
- Cross boundary international resource issues, conflicts and development prospects
- Regional development in the matrix of urban development.
1.BUR 101Introduction to Planning
2.BUR 102Rural Planning Principles and Techniques
3.BUR 300Regional Planning Principles & Techniques II
4.BUR 309Research Methodology
5.BUR 400Planning Practice & Administration
6.BUR 403Regional Development Theory
7.BUR 404Regional Planning Studio
8.BUR 405Planning Research Project
9.BUR 407Regional Planning Studio I
10.BUR 500Theory of Planning II
11.BUR 510Research Methods for Planners I
12.BUR 601Planning Principles and Techniques III