Headed by: Prof. E. Ndegwa
Regional Planning Thematic Area
- MURANG’A COUNTY COUNCIL INTEGRATED REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (2013-2017)
- STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR KIRIAINI, KIHOYA, KANYENYAINI, KAHATIA, KAHURO AND KAMBIRWA.
- To provide required academic and professional knowledge needed to understand and manage complexities of sustainable development change at the regional level in Kenya.
- Provide an indepth knowledge and critical understanding of the complex interactions among the natural and built environment, institutional organizational systems and the dynamic nature of urban and regional sustainable development.
- To enhance student capacity, to conduct research and disseminate outputs in the field of regional planning.
- Metropolitan Regional Areas
- Resource regional and their development challenges
- Arid and semi-arid regions of the country
- Potential and development challenges
- Cross boundary regional resource issues among counties
- Regional development policy research and policy formulation
- Cross boundary international resource issues, conflicts and development prospects
- Regional development in the matrix of urban development.
|1.||BUR 101||Introduction to Planning|
|2.||BUR 102||Rural Planning Principles and Techniques|
|3.||BUR 300||Regional Planning Principles & Techniques II|
|4.||BUR 309||Research Methodology|
|5.||BUR 400||Planning Practice & Administration|
|6.||BUR 403||Regional Development Theory|
|7.||BUR 404||Regional Planning Studio|
|8.||BUR 405||Planning Research Project|
|9.||BUR 407||Regional Planning Studio I|
|10.||BUR 500||Theory of Planning II|
|11.||BUR 510||Research Methods for Planners I|
|12.||BUR 601||Planning Principles and Techniques III|
Ongoing Projects - Mukuru kwa Reuben
- Murang'a Regional Studio B.A. IV 2012/2013 (Urban & Regional Planning)
Graduates of Urban and Regional Planning can find employment in Central Governments County Governments, NGO, UN Bodies- UNCRD, UNEP, UN-Habitat, Parastatals – Nairobi County Council (NCC), Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA), ENNDA, Ministry of Housing, Physical Planning Departments, National Lands Commission (NLC), Regional Development Authorities and Municipalities.